[Haskell-cafe] Re: newbie question about denotational semantics

Chung-chieh Shan ccshan at post.harvard.edu
Sun Feb 25 00:31:09 EST 2007

Alexander Vodomerov <alex at sectorb.msk.ru> wrote in article <20070220103518.GA10603 at isil.ipib.msu.ru> in gmane.comp.lang.haskell.cafe:
> The question is: how can this "theorem" be formulated (and prooved) in
> mathematically precise way?

It seems to me that you can define a type-directed translation from the
old denotations to the new ones.  Also check out:

Robert Cartwright and Matthias Felleisen. 1994. Extensible denotational
language specifications. In Theoretical aspects of computer software:
International symposium, ed. Masami Hagiya and John C. Mitchell,
244-272. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 789, Berlin: Springer-Verlag.
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/scheme/pubs/tacs94-cf.dvi.gz
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/scheme/pubs/tacs94-cf.ps.gz

--
Edit this signature at http://www.digitas.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/ken/sig
I think that it is much more likely that the reports of flying saucers