[Haskell-cafe] newbie question about denotational semantics

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 11:00:15 EST 2007

[my mail program hiccuped and chopped my message, sorry]

2 Another example that helped me when getting a feel for reasoning
about monadic code (which is the basis of what we're doing here) was
William Harrison's "Proof Abstraction for Imperative Languages". It
uses monads and some of the notions like the ones you're in search of.

3 Lastly, we're reasoning about folds with denotational semantics.
Graham Hutton's "Fold and Unfold for Program Semantics" was a great
read for me. Using its techniques will likely shorten up any proof
we've got.

This is some of my favorite stuff, let me know how you fare with it!

Good luck,
Nick