[Haskell-cafe] exists . a psuedo-standard non-empty list module

Nicolas Frisby nicolas.frisby at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:03:54 EST 2007

I don't particularly like using fromJust or head, and there's been
plenty of discussion on those issues. For the cases where it makes
good sense to do so, I'm about to write a module for non-empty lists
that looks to strike a balance between usability and static checks.
But before I re-invent the wheel, I was wondering if there's already a
popular module along those lines.

I would also appreciate references to your favorite discussion about
uses of head and other unsafe functions or various Oleg posts showing
how they're all unnecessary. I'll find these on my own, but I would
also like to know which ones strike a chord with the community.

Thanks for your time.

-Nick