[Haskell-cafe] Boost equivalent

Chris Kuklewicz haskell at list.mightyreason.com
Thu Feb 1 08:54:12 EST 2007

The Haskell community is hosted on the wiki at haskell.org.

> i guess that the only reason why C++ people need such project is
> because there are too many developers that want to develop such libs.
> that's not true for Haskell. for example, the most successful library
> of 2006 - ByteString - was developed by just 3 main contributors. if
> you want to develop somewhat useful - just do it. if you want to add
> more functionality to existing library - including base! - just send
> your patches to the maintainer. the only thing we missing, imho, is a
> darcs repository (or instructions for dummies like me on how to setup
> my own publicly accessible repository, say, on haskell.org)

When I wrote the regex-* packages to upgrade and extend and replace Text.Regex I
worked alone and then submitted them in time for the GHC 6.6 / base 2.0 release.
 They gave me darcs space (which I am still using for the project) on
darcs.haskell.org.  This was useful for the GHC developers since they needed
some of it there for GHC anyway.