[Haskell-cafe] Boost equivalent

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 08:29:35 EST 2007

Hello John,

> Does the Haskell community have an equivalent to C++ community's
> Boost project with the aim of writing libraries for the eventual inclusion into Haskell?

i guess that the only reason why C++ people need such project is
because there are too many developers that want to develop such libs.
that's not true for Haskell. for example, the most successful library
of 2006 - ByteString - was developed by just 3 main contributors. if
you want to develop somewhat useful - just do it. if you want to add
more functionality to existing library - including base! - just send
your patches to the maintainer. the only thing we missing, imho, is a
darcs repository (or instructions for dummies like me on how to setup
my own publicly accessible repository, say, on haskell.org)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com