[Haskell-cafe] Hoogle error

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 15:16:30 EST 2007

Hi

> Hoogling (->) (>>=) gives
>
> Error, your search was invalid:
> Parse Error: Unexpected character '>>=)'
>
> Is there a way to escape the input so it would work? (I wasn't really
> expecting the right results BTW as I think hoogle searches type
> signatures not patterns in definitions, right?)

What were you expecting it to give you as an answer?

Either you want a function named >>=, in which case you have to search
for ">>=" - not "(>>=)" as that won't work. This is something I plan
to rectify in Hoogle 4.

Or you want a function which takes a function as its first argument.
"(a -> b) -> c" will give you this - but not find (>>=) ever.

Thanks

Neil