[Haskell-cafe] GUI

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 14:47:07 EST 2007

Hi

> Is there any really cross-platform GUI library for Haskell?
>
> Gtk2Hs is good (I suppose), but it requires X. OK, I have X, but it's
> not "native" on my Mac; some Mac users don't install it and almost
> all Mac users don't always run it.

On Windows, Gtk2hs is not as native as wxHaskell, but is the best GUI
toolkit available. On Windows, there is no requirement to have X
installed. The Gtk2hs developers (or more specifically Duncan) have
shown a continuing desire to make Gtk2hs more Windows friendly, even
to the point of filing Gtk bugs and tracking their progress. I'm sure
having made Mac friendly noises, they will come rushing to your aid
:-)

Thanks

Neil