[Haskell-cafe] gtk library installation from ubuntu repository

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 11:43:00 EDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 20:32 +0530, Vikrant wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am using ubuntu 7.04. If I try to install libghc6-gtk-dev package
> using apt-get (or aptitude) my installation hangs at following stage
> building GHCi
> library /usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc6/lib/gtk-

It's a packaging bug that was fixed in the 0.9.11 debian package. So try
and use the 0.9.11 version of the package:

You may also like to pester some ubuntu maintainer person to get the
ubuntu package up to at least the latest debian version.

(I'm also hoping debian will get the Gtk2Hs 0.9.12 package that's been
out for a little while now)