[Haskell-cafe] gtk library installation from ubuntu repository

Vikrant vikrant.patil at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 11:02:15 EDT 2007

Hi,
   I am using ubuntu 7.04. If I try to install libghc6-gtk-dev package using
apt-get (or aptitude) my installation hangs at following stage

building GHCi library /usr/lib/haskell-packages/ghc6/lib/gtk-
0.9.10.5/HSgtk.o...

it doesn;t move later and machine just slogs! Then I have no other way than
killing the process which in turn does not allow me install anything later.
In last three days I have installed ubuntu with haskell on three different
machines and it seems I have always got this problem whenever I tried to
install libghc6-soegtk-dev.
does anybody know that the package @ ubuntu repository is faulty or
something wrong here?

any fix to this problem! (probably I should put this on ubuntu users list...
but putting mail here because if it is problem with  libghc6-soegtk-dev,
then somebody from you must have experienced it!)

Thanks N Regards,
VIkrant