[Haskell-cafe] Haskell on the Playstation 3? :-)

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 23:34:45 EDT 2007

On 8/26/07, Peter Verswyvelen <bf3 at telenet.be> wrote:
> Game developers are really struggling to get performance out of the
> Playstation 3 console. This console has a single PowerPC CPU with 6 Cell SPU
> coprocessors, all running at 3.3GHz. These SPUs have 256KB very high speed
> local RAM, and data from the 512MB main memory can stream in and out via DMA
> into these SPUs. The problem is that with imperative approaches this is a
> nightmare to manage….
>
> It would be a very cool project to show that Haskell could run on such a
> platform, making it easier to take advance of its awesome power J

Cool idea :-)

Hmmm, random thought along similar lines, I mean I know the answer to
this thought is no, but I'm curious: could we get Haskell to run on a
graphics card???  I mean, I'm guessing the answer is no (not a
difficult guess ;-) ), but curious what it would take to make a
graphics card able to run Haskell?