[Haskell-cafe] Ideas

C.M.Brown cmb21 at kent.ac.uk
Sat Aug 25 16:58:57 EDT 2007

> I tried vital, and at first sight it is very nice, but they only support a
> very limited subset of Haskell, perform no type checking at all, don't
> support the indent rule, etc... Anyway it is an amazing piece of work.

I believe that type-sensitive manipulation was certainly being
investigated; however, I can't confirm as to how far it *was*
investigated.

What intriged me mostly was how it can display infinite data structures
lazily. I think it's certainly a great tool for teaching some aspects of
functional programming: helping newbies to understand and define data
structures, say.

Chris.