[Haskell-cafe] Parsing binary data.

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 12:12:04 EDT 2007

Hi all,

Recently I am considering doing part of my job using Haskell.

My duty is writing a network server which talks to another server through a
binary based private protocol.

As the old version of this component is written in C, it's very natural that
this protocol is base on C structure definitions, which are, unfortunately,
very complicated.  And the worse is that every field in every structure must
be converted to Network Endian.

As I am a newbie to Haskell, I am not sure how to handle this problem with
less work.  Do you have any ideas about this problem?

Thanks in advance!

There is No CODE That is More Flexible Than NO Code!