[Haskell-cafe] What to do about an absent package maintainer?

Adam Langley alangley at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 19:02:12 EDT 2007

The HsOpenSSL package[1] is good work, but the author doesn't respond
to email(*). I've a bunch of darcs patches to add tests, DSA support
and fast Integer <-> BIGNUM functions. Can I use my Hackage account to
upload version 0.2 if someone else uploaded 0.1? It is reasonable?

I'm guessing that this issue will start to occur more often now that
we have Hackage. It's probably good to have some policy.

Cheers,

(*) It's been > 1 month, with emails from several different addresses.

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/HsOpenSSL-0.1

Adam Langley                                      agl at imperialviolet.org
http://www.imperialviolet.org