[Haskell-cafe] Re: trouble building 6.7 on ubuntu

Ian Lynagh igloo at earth.li
Thu Aug 16 22:14:10 EDT 2007

On Thu, Aug 16, 2007 at 09:39:54AM -0400, Thomas Hartman wrote:

> The programs included with the Ubuntu system are free software;
> checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnu
> Which we'll further canonicalise into: i386-unknown-linux
> checking for path to top of build tree... ./configure: line 1433: cd:
> utils/pwd:
>  No such file or directory
> ./configure: line 1438: -v0: command not found
> ./configure: line 1441: utils/pwd/pwd: No such file or directory
> configure: error: cannot determine current directory

What commands are you running? Is the above the complete output?

> By the way I have also tried
>
> darcs get http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc
>
> but this dies about halfway through (in the patch 10000s ) with libcurl
> error 18 or libcurl error 404 depending on the phase of the moon.

You're probably best off downloading and untarring:

http://darcs.haskell.org/ghc-HEAD-2007-08-14-ghc-corelibs.tar.bz2

and then "./darcs-all pull -a" to get up-to-date. These are --complete
repos.

Unfortunately we don't have a tarball that includes the extralibs at the
moment, so you'll still need to "./darcs-all --extralibs get" them
(either partially or completely).

> I'm currently trying a build from darcs checkout with get --partial. If
> this is the preferred way of doing a checkout

If you don't want to hack on it then --partial is prefered as it's
quicker and takes up less disk space.

> due to "crapping out halfway" issues

I don't know what's going on there.

Thanks