[Haskell-cafe] Problem installing GHC6.6

Lars Oppermann loppermann at acm.org
Thu Aug 16 02:59:14 EDT 2007

>      Now I _have_ /usr/local/include/readline/*.h; if configure figured
>      out that I have this library, why didn't it tell the C compiler
>      where to look for the headers?
>      The missing (undeclared) identifiers don't seem to be declared in
>      those headers anyway.

It seemed to me that you need to specify the readline locations
explicitly in order for them to be picked up by the readline module at
build time.
./configure --with-readline-includes=/usr/local/include
did the trick for me.
Setting CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include (and LDFLAGS respectively)
didn't carry through to the build of the readline module.

Lars Oppermann
Hamburg, Germany