[Haskell-cafe] Problem installing GHC6.6

ok ok at cs.otago.ac.nz
Thu Aug 16 01:33:25 EDT 2007

Trying to install GHC 6.6 on a Solaris 2.9 box (do I have the last
2.9 box in captivity? I've asked for 2.10, really and truly I have)
I ran into two problems.
(1) Somewhere it was assumed that only FreeBSD didn't have stdint.h.
     Solaris 2.9 doesn't have stdint.h.  That was an easy patch.
(2) In file included from Readline.hsc:16:
     include/HsReadline.h:5:31: readline/readline.h: No such file or
dire..
     include/HsReadline.h:6:30: readline/history.h: No such file or
direc..
     leading to a cascade of errors like
     Readline.hsc:570: error: `ISFUNC' undeclared

     Now I _have_ /usr/local/include/readline/*.h; if configure figured
     out that I have this library, why didn't it tell the C compiler
     where to look for the headers?

     The missing (undeclared) identifiers don't seem to be declared in
     those headers anyway.

What to do?