[Haskell-cafe] creating graphics the functional way

Conal Elliott conal at conal.net
Tue Aug 7 15:17:49 EDT 2007

On 8/5/07, Frank Buss <fb at frank-buss.de> wrote:
> Nearly anything works without thinking too much about the types, but I
> don't like the use of fromInteger in the average and main functions. Is it
> possible that the integers are automaticly converted to floats?

I recommend using Float or Double instead of Int for your point
coordinates.  You'll eliminate  the need to convert to Float/Double.  More
importantly, your whole model will then be resolution independent,
supporting continuous scaling, sub-pixel translation, rotation, etc.  See
http://conal.net/Pan for examples & papers.

Cheers,  - Conal