[Haskell-cafe] Sudoku Solver

Murray Gross mgross21 at verizon.net
Tue Aug 7 04:48:03 EDT 2007

I am working on a parallel brute-force solver, which will be tested on
25x25 puzzles (my current serial solver requires less than 1 second for
the most difficult 9x9 puzzles I've been able to find; while I haven't
tried it on 16x16 puzzles on one of the machines in the Brooklyn College
Metis cluster, extrapolation from another machine indicates that 16x16
puzzles will take 15-20 minutes; the 25x25 test case I have requires about
a week on a cluster machine).

Unfortunately, we have a lot of preparatory work to do, so it will be a
while before I have any results from a puzzle solver.

The parallel work will be done on our parallel version of release 5
Haskell.

Murray Gross
Brooklyn College