[Haskell-cafe] Sudoku Solver

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 23:49:39 EDT 2007

On 8/7/07, Donald Bruce Stewart <dons at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> No idea. You could compile them all with -O2, run them on a set of
> puzzles, and produce a table of results :-)

Well I could, but I wont ;-)  If you had to guess which one is fastest which
one would you guess?

I'm a little surprised no one's tried a parallel solution yet, actually.
> We've got an SMP runtime for a reason, people!

Funny that you should mention that, this was actually one of the Topcoder
marathon match contests for multithreading:

http://www.topcoder.com/longcontest/?module=ViewProblemStatement&compid=5624&rd=9892

(you'll need to login to see the problem statement, but basically it's
Sudoku, on a 16-core Xeon (I think))