[Haskell-cafe] HXT namespace problem

Martin Huschenbett huschi at gmx.org
Tue Apr 24 08:53:05 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I'm currently trying to generate XML documents with HXT. Everything went
well but I can't figure out how to generate the "xmlns:..." attributes
for the namespaces.

My code looks like:

   runX $ constA (request TableListRequest) >>> root [] [writeA] >>>
     writeDocument [(a_indent,v_1)] "-"

where writeA generates the actual content. This code generates something

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

But I want it with XML namespaces, i.e.:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

I tried using "uniqueNamespaces" and "uniqueNamespacesFromDeclAndQNames"
but neither worked. Maybe I used them in the wrong part of code.

The tree representation my document looks like:

---XTag "/"
    +---XTag "{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}soapenv:Envelope"
        +---XTag "{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}soapenv:Body"

and for me this looks like if there is enough namespace information

I would appreciate any help,