[Haskell-cafe] Is there a best *nix or BSD distro for Haskell hacking?

David Cabana dcabana at nc.rr.com
Sun Apr 22 12:32:36 EDT 2007

I'm not dissing Windows; I work with it all the time, just not for
Haskell. On the other hand, I am writing this on my Powerbook.

My desire to use linux is mostly aesthetic. I want to go mouse free
(I'm thinking Xmonad), and neither Windows nor OS X naturally lends
itself to that.  With respect to choice of linux, the machine I have
in mind is not terribly fast, so I prefer to install from binaries
rather than source.  Do  Debian and Ubuntu provide more or less the
same Haskell packages?