[Haskell-cafe] Re: How Albus Dumbledore would sell Haskell

Bryan O'Sullivan bos at serpentine.com
Fri Apr 20 11:22:10 EDT 2007

Derek Elkins wrote:

> Game search is exactly an example use in "Why Functional Programming
> Matters" (http://www.math.chalmers.se/~rjmh/Papers/whyfp.html).  That
> paper, 23 years later, is still pretty compelling.  Perhaps, it should
> just be modernized and somewhat expanded.

I'll echo Lennart's response to the theorem proving suggestion :-)

Tom Moertel's parallel port scanner is much more the kind of thing that
will get people's attention.  It's practical; it's parallel; and it's
short.  And for Simon's convenience, it's already been written, so he
can concentrate on presenting it, rather than writing it.

	<b