[Haskell-cafe] Writing forum software in Haskell

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 08:02:15 EDT 2006

Hi all.

The recent thread on email vs. forums inspired a bit of interest to
get some forum software on haskell.org. Were we to go ahead with this,
I think it'd be great to have this software written in Haskell itself.
I'd also love to be involved in a collaboration should one be drummed
up to write this kind of thing.

Therefore, my questions:

* What kind of forum are we aiming at? In my eyes, it'd be less like
the bloated phpBBs out there full of oversized signatures and avatars,
and more like the minimalistic bbPress on show at, for example, the
WordPress support forums [1].
* What would be a compulsory feature list?
* What would be a list of things to avoid like the plague?
* Which web platform (HAppS, Hope, ...) would make the most appropriate target?

Appreciate thoughts and opinions.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com