[Haskell-cafe] Unable to profile program using Data.ByteString.Lazy

Lyle Kopnicky lists at qseep.net
Sat Sep 23 12:56:12 EDT 2006

Hi folks,

I wrote a program that uses some of the Data.ByteString libraries. I'm
using GHC 6.4.1 and FPS 0.7.

The program compiles and works just fine. But when I try to profile it,
by compiling with -prof, I get:

    Failed to load interface for `Data.ByteString.Lazy':
        Could not find module `Data.ByteString.Lazy':
          locations searched:

Why can it find the module when it's compiling without -prof, but not
when it's compiling with it? I would really like to get profiling to work.