[Haskell-cafe] HaXml and ghci unresolved symbol

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Mon Sep 11 09:41:05 EDT 2006

Il Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 11:30:41AM +0200, Udo Stenzel ebbe a scrivere:
> Whatever it is, I cannot reproduce any of your problems.  I installed
> HaXml-1.13.2 from source using Cabal, and both "ghc -c Xml.hs" and "ghc
> --make xml.hs" work as expected, even without the -package switch.  This
> is GHC 6.4.1 on Linux.

"I installed HaXml-1.13.2 from source using Cabal"

... Instead I did not!! I followed the instruction on the HaXml web
site: ./configure; make; make install...

I'm using Linux too. So, first I installed a fresh ghc-6.4.1 and got
the same problem. Than I tried installing HaXml using just Cabal:
runhaskell Setup.hs configure|build|install and... HaXml started
working fine!

I went back to ghc-6.4.2 and did the same, with Cabal. And it works
perfectly!

I don't know what to say... Well, I do know, in fact: first, thank you
all, thank you so much for you kind patience and the time you spent to
help me. Second, never trust developers' instruction on how to install
their software...;-)

Thank you once again!

Andrea

ps: needless to say, even hxml works perfectly now!