[Haskell-cafe] HaXml and ghci unresolved symbol

Udo Stenzel u.stenzel at web.de
Mon Sep 11 05:30:41 EDT 2006

Andrea Rossato wrote:
> It seems related to dynamic linking: I created a separated module
> (Xml.hs) that imports Text.XML.HaXml and parses a xml string. I then
> created a file (xml.hs) that imports Xml and prints "name", defined in
> Xml.hs. The expected output should be "elementTest".

Whatever it is, I cannot reproduce any of your problems.  I installed
HaXml-1.13.2 from source using Cabal, and both "ghc -c Xml.hs" and "ghc
--make xml.hs" work as expected, even without the -package switch.  This
is GHC 6.4.1 on Linux.

> If I load in ghci the file xml.hs (that imports Xml.hs)

Could it be that you're on Windows, which cannot keep xml.hs and Xml.hs
apart?

-Udo
--
Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
	-- Steven Wright