[Haskell-cafe] HaXml and ghci unresolved symbol

Udo Stenzel u.stenzel at web.de
Mon Sep 11 05:30:41 EDT 2006

Andrea Rossato wrote:
> It seems related to dynamic linking: I created a separated module
> (Xml.hs) that imports Text.XML.HaXml and parses a xml string. I then
> created a file (xml.hs) that imports Xml and prints "name", defined in
> Xml.hs. The expected output should be "elementTest".

Whatever it is, I cannot reproduce any of your problems.  I installed
HaXml-1.13.2 from source using Cabal, and both "ghc -c Xml.hs" and "ghc
--make xml.hs" work as expected, even without the -package switch.  This
is GHC 6.4.1 on Linux.

> If I load in ghci the file xml.hs (that imports Xml.hs)

Could it be that you're on Windows, which cannot keep xml.hs and Xml.hs

Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
	-- Steven Wright