[Haskell-cafe] source code for haskell web server?

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Mon Sep 4 14:24:35 EDT 2006

> Since there are a lot of modifications of HWS around now, it seems to be
> worthwhile to combine the efforts. E.g. I adapted the HWS adaption
> provided by WASH
>  http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~thiemann/WASH/#wsp
>    for my needs. For instance in Request.hs I removed the call to
> 'Network.URI.unEscapeString' (which is 'deHex' in fptools/HWS/Request.hs,
> but 'deHex' is 'id') because that affects interpretation of CGI
> parameters. I also think that this package needs some cleanup and Cabal.
>
> What about a darcs repository at http://darcs.haskell.org/ ?

I agree its worthwhile to combine efforts.  My only concern is to maintain
the code quality.  The original HWS was written quite well.  The plugins
extension I found was not of the same code quality. I haven't looked at
the WASH modifications, so I don't know how they compare.

I dont know much about using the haskell.org repository, but I'd be
happy to contribute to it if there was an HWS repository there...

Tim Newsham
http://www.thenewsh.com/~newsham/