[Haskell-cafe] source code for haskell web server?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Sep 4 05:45:13 EDT 2006

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006, Tim Newsham wrote:

> > Does anyone know where I could find the source code for the Haskell web
> > server described in the papers "Tackling the Awkward Squad" by SPJ and
> > "Writing High-Performance Server Applications in Haskell, Case Study: A
> > Haskell Web Server" by Simon Marlow?
>
> I dug up an old copy of hws from the haskell CVS and a copy of hws-wp
> from an old CVSweb and got both to build on modern ghc.  I'm using
> HWS as my server and have a small page with the sources which include
> my patches:
>
>   http://www.thenewsh.com/~hws/
>
> Feel free to contact me with questions or suggestions.

Since there are a lot of modifications of HWS around now, it seems to be
worthwhile to combine the efforts. E.g. I adapted the HWS adaption
provided by WASH
  http://www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/~thiemann/WASH/#wsp
    for my needs. For instance in Request.hs I removed the call to
'Network.URI.unEscapeString' (which is 'deHex' in fptools/HWS/Request.hs,
but 'deHex' is 'id') because that affects interpretation of CGI
parameters. I also think that this package needs some cleanup and Cabal.

What about a darcs repository at http://darcs.haskell.org/ ?