[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] ANNOUNCE: Visual Haskell prerelease 0.2

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Thu Nov 30 03:15:35 EST 2006

> > Not only the interfaces [Visual Studio vs. Eclipse]
> > are completely different, but an entirely new
> > set of interoperability problems would need to be solved. ...

I still don't see what would be the fundamental difference.

(Except perhaps that the Eclipse interfaces are easily available
and well documented so it is at least possible to describe
the interface problems...)

The main advantage (Visual Haskell  over eclipsefp) at the moment
is that VH uses incremental (on-the-fly) typechecking/compilation
while eclipsefp calls the compiler for whole modules?

What source text transformations (refactorings) does VH support?

Best regards,
-- -- Johannes Waldmann -- Tel/Fax (0341) 3076 6479/80 -- ----
http://www.imn.htwk-leipzig.de/~waldmann/ -------