[Haskell-cafe] Wiki page for rewrite rules tips, types and tricks

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 16:33:43 EST 2006

Hi

> Great page, I especially like the phrase:
> [...] changing a non-terminating program [...] into a much faster one [...]

And one important point:

In general its a bad idea for rules to change the semantics (meaning)
of your code in such a way. Consider someone using reverse . reverse
to demand strictness of an IO action (I've seen this in conjunction
with interact), this code would no longer work with the above rule.

Thanks

Neil