[Haskell-cafe] what GUI library should i select?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 13 13:51:10 EST 2006

On Mon, 2006-11-13 at 16:48 +0300, Bulat Ziganshin wrote:
> Hello Duncan,
>
> Monday, November 13, 2006, 4:10:03 PM, you wrote:
>
> on the download page only GHC 6.4.1 support mentioned. is 6.4.2 and
> 6.6 supported on windows?

The last official release for Windows supports GHC 6.2.2 and 6.4.1. I
made another build for 6.4.2 here:
http://haskell.org/~duncan/gtk2hs/gtk2hs-0.9.10.exe

> on linux?

It builds from source fine on linux. There are also packages for some
distros, like Gentoo, Debian, Fedora etc.

As for 6.6, the current development version works fine with 6.6 and so
of course the forthcoming release will do to. There will be new binary
builds for windows too.

> where i can read about forthcoming gtk2hs version and when it will be
> released?

You can subscribe to the gtk2hs-users list to get advance notice of the
release and help with testing for your favourite platform. We're aiming
for a 0.9.11 release before Christmas.

This release will change the API slightly so we want to make sure we get
it right. We don't want to have to change the api often as it's
annoying. So I hope you understand why it will not be released
immediately. Of course you are welcome to use the development version in
the meantime. This release cycle has been rather longer than we would
have liked, I expect the next one will be much shorter.

Details are on the Gtk2Hs website of how to subscribe to the mailing
list and how to get the development version with darcs:
http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/development/

Duncan