[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Debugging

Pepe Iborra mnislaih at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 12:08:33 EST 2006

Can you manage to compile GHC under Windows? Compiling GHC under
Windows is known to be a bit tricky and time consuming, certainly not
for the novice user, although the steps are well detailed in the GHC
developer documentation.

If so, I'd encourage you to play with the Ghci Debugger project. But
beware, it is still in an experimental phase and there are some
pending issues.

If you want to try it I have set up the repository to point to the
"last good known" version I have around.  Just follow the
instructions on how to get the patches in the wiki page.

Otherwise, I'd advise you to stick to Debug.Trace and friends.

Cheers
pepe