[Haskell-cafe] Re: Livecoding music in Haskell

alex alex at slab.org
Wed Nov 8 08:07:52 EST 2006

I meant to add that of course once you have sample-accurate timing, the
next job is to mess things up again with some model of expression in
performance (unless you're making german techno).

For example I intend to apply some of these rules within Haskore as part
of my project:
  http://www.speech.kth.se/music/performance/performance_rules.html

The alternative to this is to stick with a flawed system and decide that
it's expressive :)  Relatedly, one thing I dislike about supercollider
(or at least the way I'm using it right now) is that its failure mode is
to crash rather than produce inaccurate output.  To me part of the
enjoyment of an instrument is  what happens when you go beyond its
normal limits.

alex