[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] (.) . (.)

Brian Hulley brianh at metamilk.com
Mon May 29 16:00:22 EDT 2006

Brian Hulley wrote:
> Jon Fairbairn wrote:
>> You've read
>>
>> http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0444875085/qid=1148927765/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_0_1/203-8973698-1827131
>>
>> I presume? ;-) It's a bestseller...
>
> I must admit I haven't read it...
> Are you saying that this book contains the knowledge I'd need to form
> such concepts as to be able to directly comprehend (.).(.)  as easily
> as \f g a b -> f(g a b) ?
> (since I already know how to manually convert one to the other by a
> sequence of substitutions but this knowledge alone doesn't help)
>
> If so, then I'll buy it...

I think my question above would be rather impossible to answer, so apologies
for asking it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I've ordered the book (I've wanted a good
reference for lambda calculus for a while) and regardless of whether or not
it enables me to directly comprehend (.).(.) immediately I'm sure I'll at
least learn something worthwhile...

Best regards, Brian.

strive mightily unseen to destroy us.

http://www.metamilk.com