[Haskell-cafe] Teaching Haskell -- any advice?

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 06:09:15 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Next year I will have the opportunity to teach Haskell at my school! I
am very excited about this and hope to offer something beyond the VB6
and Pascal that is currently available with the school's Computing
course.

The time slots will be very tight -- one 25 minute session a week.
However I will have a year's worth of weeks to teach it in, so I hope
to cover most of the major topics with Haskell, including monads
(which I appreciate some of the more pedestrian courses tend to skip
:)).

My question is whether anyone has any advice as to:

1) How to structure the course as a whole?
2) How to structure the lessons (theory/practical balance)?
3) How ambitious should I be?
4) Which pratical projects work well?

Thanks in advance.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com