[Haskell-cafe] RE: ANN: System.FilePath 0.9

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 06:20:18 EDT 2006

On 27/07/06, Jeremy Shaw <jeremy.shaw at linspireinc.com> wrote:
> You mean like,
> /path/to/somewhere//with/double/seperator
> If so, it treats it as if you had typed in:
> /with/double/seperator

This is actually false. There's nothing weird about Emacs and double

It _is_ true that if you use C-x C-f (find-file) from *inside* Emacs,
then Emacs will treat a double-slash as starting again from root, and
a tilde anywhere as starting again from ~, but this isn't true when
you start Emacs from the command line (try it!). As I guess the only
time Haskell programs will be dealing with Emacs will be invoking from
the shell, rather than calling inner Emacs Lisp functions, I doubt
this is a problem.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com