[Haskell-cafe] Unix gurus, help me please

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 10:04:24 EDT 2006

Hello gurus :)

i got message about problems compiling Streams 0.2.1 library on Unix systems:

- I include file io.h, but this particular system has "sys/io.h"
instead. I think that i should solve this problem by including
HsBase.h which should include proper io.h on any system supported.
One more question is whether this HsBase.h will be available on non-GHC
platforms, including Hugs, yhc, jhc?

- Michael Stone (which reported all these problems) suggests to use

#!/usr/bin/env runhaskell

instead of

#!/usr/bin/runhaskell

at the start of Setup.hs file. Is that really better?

- mingw supports _commit operation which (as i guess) saves to disk
buffers of given file. Is that true that regular unixes has fsync
function to perform the same action? (and what the hell MS don't
use the same name??)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                          mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com