[Haskell-cafe] Haskore dependency trouble

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 07:57:41 EDT 2006

Hello Henning,

>  I would like to tell Cabal which modules are required and which are
> supported, or recommended, but not needed. I could split Haskore into
> several packages, but then again, installation of Haskore and its
> sub-packages becomes uncomfortable and the Haddock documentation has no
> longer a common table of contents. I tried to write custom Setup code for
> finding out which parts of Haskore cannot be installed due to unsatisfied
> dependencies, but this is more complicated than I hoped.

such feature was already requested by Robert Dockins <robdockins at fastmail.fm>
in libraries list at June 8. He wrote:

"This brings up a feature I have sometimes wanted from Cabal.  I'd
like to be able to say the following: "Cabal, find and use package X
if it exists.  Furthermore, when CPPing source code, set a #define
HAS_PACKAGE_X so I can do conditional compilation based on the (non-)
avaliablility of package X".  Is this possible?  Difficult?  It seems
like a nice way to handle a number of problems, including platform-
dependencies (as here) and optional features with external
dependencies."

you can add your voice to the peoples requesting this feature (i need
it, too)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com