[Haskell-cafe] Haskore dependency trouble

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Wed Jul 12 07:55:18 EDT 2006

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Yitzchak Gale wrote:

> > > This belongs to a SuperCollider wrapper:
> > > http://www.slavepianos.org/rd/f/409875/
>
> > Thanks! I'll just install the Debian package.
>
> I installed the supercollider Debian package,
> got hsc using darcs and installed it using Cabal.
> All seemed to work OK.
>
> Now the build command for Haskore fails with:
>
> Could not find module `Hsc.UGen'...
>  (imported from src/Haskore/Interface/SuperCollider/Example.hs)
>
> That sounds like you did not say "-package Hsc".

If you install Hsc with Cabal, then it is registered and if you compile
Haskore with Cabal, Cabal should provide the -package option. If you use
the Makefile, this may contain my custom paths, because there is no
configure step. I know, it's all still very experimental.

> I installed the supercollider-dev Debian package and
> re-installed Hsc (unregister, clean, configure, build, install).
> It did not help.
>
> What now? Should I give up and hack all of the Hsc stuff
> out of Haskore.cabal?

The SuperCollider wrapper is as experimental as the revised Haskore
package, so I cannot guarantee that some versions of them work together. I
advise commenting out the SuperCollider modules for now.