[Haskell-cafe] Windows Haskell GUI

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jul 5 20:27:46 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-07-05 at 23:56 +0100, Neil Mitchell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to develop a GUI using Haskell on Windows. As far as I can tell
> the options for a reasonably high level GUI toolkit are:
>
> * wxHaskell
> * Gtk2Hs
>
> Unfortunately I cannot find released packages for GHC 6.4.2 for either
> of them - Gtk supports only 6.4.1 and wx supports only 6.4.0.
>
> Does anyone have builds of either of these that work with 6.4.2?

Bowing to public pressure I've done a Windows build of Gtk2Hs-0.9.10
with GHC 6.4.2. It's available here:

http://haskell.org/~duncan/gtk2hs/gtk2hs-0.9.10.exe

It needs GHC 6.4.2 and Gtk+ 2.8.x, for more detailed install
instructions see:

http://haskell.org/gtk2hs/archives/2005/06/24/installing-on-windows/

Duncan