[Haskell-cafe] Shootout favouring C

Ben Rudiak-Gould Benjamin.Rudiak-Gould at cl.cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 16 15:55:03 EST 2006

Isaac Gouy wrote:
> Please keep to the true spirit of fictional crime
> writing and provide a motive for these evil characters
> who will stop at nothing to make Haskell seem some
> worse than C.

Erm, fictional? It strikes me that this particular brand of evil is more the
norm than the exception. I think Bjarne Stroustrup put it quite well:

     http://public.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#compare

That said, I see nothing to suggest that such is happening here. I do have
objections to the shootout, but they're objections to the whole concept of
benchmarks in general, not to these particular ones.

-- Ben