[Haskell-cafe] Shootout favouring C

Brent Fulgham bfulg at pacbell.net
Mon Jan 16 15:01:47 EST 2006

> > > Shootout favouring C
> > > Daniel Fischer wrote:
> > > ===========================
> > > Is it only my machime, or can you confirm that
> > > for the Ackermann benchmark, it's very good for
> > > that they chose 9 and not a larger value?
>
> > Sebastian Sylvan wrote:
> > ===========================
> > This is interesting. Hopefully it's not
> > intentional,
>
> --- Isaac Gouy wrote:
> Pardon my rudeness but this really is getting a bit
> much!
>
> Please keep to the true spirit of fictional crime
> writing and provide a motive for these evil
> characters who will stop at nothing to make Haskell
> seem some worse than C.

Isaac, did you get your check from the C compiler
consortium
yet?  Mine has not shown up as it usually does on the
thirteenth
of every month.  Since our filthy lucre is delayed,
and those
meddling Haskellers are pointing out our flaws, I
think the
heat is on.  Perhaps it's time to approach Google
about getting
Python's rankings a bit higher and stop pandering to
the
C crew?

Oops!  Did this go to the Haskell list?  We are
undone!

;-P

-Brent