[Haskell-cafe] Re[2]: Joels Time Leak

Bulat Ziganshin bulatz at HotPOP.com
Wed Jan 4 12:29:42 EST 2006

Hello Simon,

>> SM> Sure, there's no reason why we couldn't do this.  Of course, even
>> SM> idle Haskell processes will be ticking away in the background, so
>> SM> there's a reason not to make the interval too short.  What do
>> SM> you think is reasonable?
>>
>> Simon, the talk is about changing GHC _tick_, which is a _minimal_
>> possible context switch interval

SM> Yes, I know.

in this case, why you say that idle processes will be ticking in
background? it's entirely up to program writers/users if they wants to
decrease this interval. by default switches will occur in the same 20
ms, lesser tick will have no impact on ordinary programs as long as
default switching time will be not changed

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz at HotPOP.com