[Haskell-cafe] Re: haskell programming guidelines

Christian Maeder maeder at tzi.de
Mon Feb 20 13:55:37 EST 2006

Henning Thielemann wrote:
> I prefer a definite choice between all_lower_case_with_underscore and
> camelCase identifier style.

me too and I prefer camlCase (but it was too late already, when I wrote
these guidelines)

> 'you should probably"'  -- should probably what?

you should look into the section "Good Programming Practice" (i.e.
decompose your stuff, but I'll rephrase that)

> Is the function size restriction still sensible for Haskell? I think
> Haskell functions should be at most a few lines, but not "one or two
> screenfuls of text".

good point.

> http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/UsingQualifiedNames

When reading (compilable) code unqualified names can be looked up using
the haddock index.

> http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/PairsOfIdentifiers

What about the pair (insert, delete) from Data.Set and Map?

Thanks for your comments
Christian