[Haskell-cafe] haskell programming guidelines

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Mon Feb 20 13:31:06 EST 2006

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Christian Maeder wrote:

> I've set up guidelines (still as plain text) for our (hets) project in
>
> http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/agbkb/forschung/formal_methods/CoFI/hets/src-distribution/versions/HetCATS/docs/Programming-Guidelines.txt

It seems we share the preference for 'case', 'let', 'map', 'filter' and
'fold'. :-)

I prefer a definite choice between all_lower_case_with_underscore and
camelCase identifier style.

'you should probably"'  -- should probably what?

Is the function size restriction still sensible for Haskell? I think
Haskell functions should be at most a few lines, but not "one or two
screenfuls of text".

formJust -> fromJust

http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/UsingQualifiedNames
http://www.haskell.org/hawiki/PairsOfIdentifiers