[Haskell-cafe] Haskell as scripting language?

Jared Updike jupdike at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 12:09:39 EST 2006

For scenario (a) you can use hs-plugins and ghc
  http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/hs-plugins/
With hs-plugins you can get an "eval" command, or you can dynamically
load Haskell modules (from source or pre-compiled .o files).

GHC (>= 6.5) has an API that you can access from Haskell programs:
  http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/As_a_library
I was wondering if the new GHC API gives you everything hs-plugins
does? If not will it ultimately do what hs-plugins does and replace
it, in the future?

  Jared.

On 2/15/06, Marc Weber <marco-oweber at gmx.de> wrote:
> Is there a way to use haskell as scripting language in
> a) your own project?
> b) other projects such as vim (beeing written in C)?
>
> At the moment I'm interested, I don't have any real project..

http://www.updike.org/~jared/
reverse ")-:"