[Haskell-cafe] Cabal licence files

John Meacham john at repetae.net
Fri Dec 22 20:49:27 EST 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 03:14:32AM +0000, Dougal Stanton wrote:
> The cabal setup recognises a small set of licences which I don't think
> are well explained. I'm trying to put together a canonical list for
> setting up new projects.

This has bugged me about cabal, why does it have a built in concept of
any licenses at all? the data type should just be

newtype License = License String

This is actually a pervasive issue with the cabal codebase, a lot of
things are hard-coded as datatypes which should just be uninterpreted
thunks of data.

        John

--
John Meacham - ⑆repetae.net⑆john⑈