[Haskell-cafe] porting ghc

Brian McQueen mcqueenorama at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 01:07:19 EST 2006

I was trying to get a ghc going in my shell account the other day and
found that the data at
http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/6.6/html/building/sec-porting-ghc.html
didn't apply at all.

The system is a netbsd alpha which turns up as alpha-unknown-netbsd
through configure.

I didn't find any configure.in to modify, but there is a config.guess.
 Is that what I'm supposed to modify?

I was using the source distribution of ghc 6.6.

So how do I get off to s start on the netbsd system at my ISP?

Here is the uname data for my system with the hostname x'd out:

NetBSD xxx 2.1.0_STABLE NetBSD 2.1.0_STABLE (sdf) #0: Mon Nov 13
08:11:09 UTC 2006
root at ol:/var/src/netbsd/src/sys/arch/alpha/compile/sdf alpha

Brian McQueen