[Haskell-cafe] Newbie project and a question

Jian Fan abemud at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 00:20:59 EST 2006

Hi all,

This is my first post. Inspired by Don's hmp3, I've started
my pet project hxine: A Haskell music player using Xine engine.
This was long time ago and I just picked this thing up again:

darcs get http://lintao.org/repos/hxine

To play CD:
./hxine cd:/
./hxine cd://2-
./hxine cd://-5

to play files Xine understand:
./hxine *.ogg

Key bindings:

j : next track
k : prev track
p : pause/unpause
d : toggle display mode
q : quit

Now my question:

Yesterday I tried to compile (on Ubuntu Edgy) this again after couple months.
First I had to hand install latest hsffig. Then the generated
XINE_H.hsc give me some duplicated definitions at compile time and
then some un-defined symbols at link time. I deleted those in
XINE_H.hsc and everything working now. I'd like to know if
this is a hsffig problem.

I'd appreciate any comment on design, coding etc. Thanks.

Jian