[Haskell-cafe] Optimization again.

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 11:44:03 EST 2006

Hello szefirov,

> When I turn on +RTS -c to use heap compaction I immediately get the
> following:
> -----------------------------
> xxxx.exe: internal error: scavenge_mark_stack: unimplemented/strange

this bug was fixed at Nov 15 so you should just donwload up-to-date GHC
snapshot:

Wed Nov 15 05:50:20 PST 2006  Ian Lynagh <igloo at earth.li>
  * MERGE: Fix (yet another) odd interaction between selector thunks and compacting GC
    Tue Nov 14 12:31:57 GMT 2006  Simon Marlow <simonmar at microsoft.com>
    * Fix (yet another) odd interaction between selector thunks and compacting GC
    This should fix errors of the form

      internal error: scavenge_mark_stack: unimplemented/strange closure
        type 28 @ 0x2b92e5f79960

    But since it's quite difficult to reproduce the error, I can't be 100%
    certain it's gone.  I certainly can't reproduce it again after the
    fix, anyway.

    M ./rts/GC.c +8

--
Best regards,